When we started our Financial Planning service over 5 years ago we thought it was all about our clients learning from us. Having looked back over this time period, we realise that we have learned a lot from you as well.
Our job is to constantly evolve and add value to you, our clients, by helping you understand what you need to be doing to ensure that you have “enough”?
I have taken the liberty of passing on 10 learnings from our conversations with our clients this year.
- You might not be in as bad a financial shape as you think you are.
- What’s the point in passing some of your wealth to your kids when they are in their 50’s and have no need for it? Why not consider sharing your wealth with them earlier.
- If you decide to stop working, you are not being put out to pasture. It is just the beginning of the next phase of your life. This is really something to look forward to.
- What you want to get out of your life should be shared and discussed with your loved ones. They know you best – remember, you are all in this together.
- Our clients who have created financial plans with our help are overachieving. Our clients with no financial plans are generally underachieving.
- The media always report bad days in the market. They never tell you about the good days.
- If you are a business owner, find out about Entrepreneurial & Retirement Relief.
- You are not too young to deal with us. We are doing some great work with some of our clients in their 30’s and 40’s.
- Stop looking at your money and start enjoying it – if you are not already doing so.
- If work is stressful and you can afford not to have it in your life, then seriously think about selling up. There is a great market out there for business sellers.